Carnival – Travelling with Kids FAQ’s
Carnival prides itself on owning FUN and being one of the best Australian cruise lines for families. Here are some of their top tips and key information for families.
WHAT IS THE MINIMUM AGE TO CRUISE?
- International Cruises departing & returning to Australia – Children 12 months and over are welcome to cruise with us. We are unable to accommodate infants under 12 months due to limited neo-natal facilities on board and at ports of call.
- Domestic Cruises departing & returning to Australia – Children 6 months and over are welcome to cruise with us.
- Minimum Age in Cabin – To ensure there is suitable supervision, there needs to be at least one guest 18 years or older in each cabin. However, to accommodate families cruising together, children may occupy a separate cabin to their parent/legal guardian, providing one child is 16 years or over.
- Please Note – For cruises departing from an Australian port between 1 November and 7 January, any passenger under 19 years of age on the day they board the cruise, must travel in the same cabin as a responsible adult 19 years or older. In addition, from 8 January to 31 January, there is a limit on the number of passengers under 19 years of age who can travel unaccompanied. Once the limit is reached, a responsible adult 19 years or older must travel in the same cabin. Reservations can advise you at the time of booking whether the limit applies to your booking.
Our youth programs provide daily, supervised, FUN-filled and age appropriate activities. Our goal is to create an environment similar to what children / teens would experience at a summer camp.
- Camp Ocean/Camp Carnival – for children between 2 and 11 years old. Split into three age groups; 2-5 years, 6 – 8 years, and 9 – 11 years. Located Deck 10 FWD on Carnival Spirit and Deck 5 FWD on Carnival Legend.
- Circle “C” – Young teens between 12 and 14 years old. Located Deck 4 FWD.
- Club O2 – for teens between 15 and 17 years old. Located Deck 5 FWD on Carnival Spirit and Deck 10 FWD on
- Daily Activities – Camp Ocean/Camp Carnival’s free of charge daily activities run from 10am – 5pm on sea days.
- Babysitting – Night Owls babysitting service runs from 10pm-1am in the Kids Club with a fee of $8 per child, per hour.
- When the ship is in Port – Kids Club opens 15min before the expected arrival time until 4.30pm.
- Children under 2 years old – have limited availability in the Kids Club. On sea day mornings between 8am – 10am parents can drop off their child for an $8 per hour, per child fee OR stay and play with their child free of charge. On port day mornings between 10am – 12pm parents can drop off only for an $8 per hour, per child fee.
- Please visit the Kids Club onboard to sign up.
CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS:
The following information highlights some of the conditions under which our onboard Carnival Youth Program accepts
children with special needs into the respective programs (Camp Carnival, Camp Ocean, Circle “C” and Club O2).
- Participation: In order to participate in any Carnival youth program activities, the parent or legal guardian will need to complete a registration form. You will also be given a special needs checklist, which will help aid the youth staff in how to best serve your child while participating in the activities.
- Age Groups: Children who are within one year of a Carnival Youth Program age group may move down into the younger age group. Further exceptions will be considered on a case by case basis for special needs children.
- Over 18’s: Children who are 18 years old with special needs are not eligible to participate at all in the program, as they are legally adults.
- Diapers: Should a child still be in diapers and they are older/bigger than what the diaper changing table can hold, then the parent or legal guardian will be called to assist. Important: Youth staff cannot lift children with mobility disabilities.
- For more information visit: www.help.carnival.com.au
WATERWORKS™ & SPLASHZONE AREAS:
- Parental supervision is required for children under 13
- Children who are not toilet trained (and those in diapers or swim nappies) are not permitted in any of the water facilities onboard.
- No flotation devices may be worn or carried on the slides
- The minimum height requirement for the Twister slide is 105cm and for Green Thunder it is 1.2m. There is also a
weight limit of 136kg.
WHAT ABOUT COTS?
- Carnival automatically orders cots for infants 23 months of age and younger. The room steward will bring this to the guest’s cabin.
- If infants are 24 months or older, the adult must request a cot from their cabin steward.
- Cots are limited in supply and will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis.
- Guests are welcome to bring their own cot onboard.
SAIL & SIGN CARDS CAN HAVE LIMITS
- Adult guests have the ability to put daily cash limits on their Sail & Sign cards for their children who are linked to
their account, in their cabin.
- Please speak to Guest Services at the start of your cruise.
DR SEUSS’S GREEN EGGS & HAM BREAKFAST
- $10 cost for Adults & Kids, charged to your Sail & Sign card.
- Event is held in the main dining room between 10am-1pm.
- Children’s Pricing: Selected shore excursions offer children’s prices for ages 3 through 12. Enquire at the Shore Excursion desk onboard.
- Infants: Infants aged 2 and younger sitting on a parents lap and therefore not occupying a seat, are not charged
for most shore excursions. These excursions are indicated with the ‘infants free’ advisory.
- All other shore excursions: Shore excursions that require each guest to purchase a ticket regardless of age will be noted in the specific shore excursion’s description. If a parent would like their infant to occupy a seat, where it is not required, then the parent must purchase an excursion ticket for the infant at the published excursion price or child price, where available. Parents are also responsible for bringing a safety seat for their child if required.
More Information: to learn more please get in touch with us via:
- Contact Us page
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 1300 369 806